Swedish Psychological Association / Sveriges Psykologförbund
Address: Sveriges Psykologförbund
Box 3287, Stockholm, Sweden
Website (Swedish): http://www.psykologforbundet.se
Website (English): http://www.psykologforbundet.se/omforbundet2/Internationellt/Sidor/English.aspx
The Swedish Psychological Association (7,500 members and 8700 students, including 7200 exc students) is the professional psychological association of Sweden. Membership is open to persons who are licensed psychologists, or holding a Masters of Science in Psychology, or holding a Ph.D. in Psychology or Education, and to students of psychology.
The major aims of the Swedish Psychological Association are:
The association offers training seminars and courses in professional development in various fields of applied psychology.
- To deal with professional and trade union issues for the members;
- To promote the scientific development of psychology and its practical applications;
- To increase information about psychology;
- To improve the development of professional training and practice of psychologists and students of psychology; and
- To promote cooperation with Nordic and other international organizations.
The journal of the Swedish Psychological Association, Psykolog Tidningen, publishes articles on professional and union issues, and on the development of applied psychology.